If you’re anything like us, you know that there’s no better feeling than giving your dog a special treat. And seeing as office dog Zeus was celebrating his birthday, we decided to find him a special treat he could enjoy in the office with some of his best friends – a birthday cake in a mug!
The best thing about this mug cake is that you can pretty much make it anywhere, and with little time needed – not like the hour or more you need to prep and bake a traditional birthday cake. Just find about 5 minutes (or less), grab the ingredients from your cupboard and get ready to make a tasty treat that even you could share (you might want to miss off the dog treat on top!).
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter (make sure it’s palm and xylitol-free)
- 1 egg
- Their favourite treat (try our new hand-baked pork biscuits) on top
- Mix the banana, egg and peanut butter into a bowl, mushing the banana as much as you can (it’s ok if it’s a bit lumpy).
- Pour half of the mixture into a microwave-safe mug and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds. Check after 30 seconds and cook at 10 second intervals if it’s not fully cooked.
- Slide the mug cake out of the mug onto a plate or bowl.
- Add the rest of the batter to the mug and cook as before.
- Once both halves are cooked and have cooled down, drizzle with peanut butter (diluted with warm water) and place a treat on top.
- Serve to your dog and their BFF.
Zeus loved his mug cake and shared the other half with office dog Sega. And while it was a delicious birthday treat, you can of course surprise your dog with this recipe for any occasion – because, when you think about it, every day is a reason to celebrate when you’re a dog!
We hope your dog enjoys this tasty treat too, and don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this magnificent mug cake using our hashtag #tailsdotcom
You can find us on:
Remember: all treats count, so if you do serve up these pooch-friendly eggs, balance the extra calories out with a longer walk or a bit more play.