It’s that time of year again! Cue fluffy coats, scarves and the all-important pumpkin spiced latte. And this time we’re getting our dogs involved, too.
Apart from being the main ingredient in autumn’s number-one drink, pumpkin is a superfood. Packed with nutrients and low in calories, it’s the perfect seasonal treat for our dogs.
Pumpkin contains potassium, an electrolyte essential for muscle recovery after exercise. It’s also full of immune-boosting vitamin C – and it’s a great prebiotic, so good for digestive health.
3 – 4 lattes (depending on the size of your dog)
What you’ll need
- 4tbsp goat or coconut milk
- 120g pumpkin puree
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1tsp of coconut or goat milk yoghurt (optional)
- Pop all your ingredients into a blender and mix for about a minute – or until nice and frothy
- Pour some of the mix into a small cup or bowl
- Top with coconut or goat milk yoghurt
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This recipe went down a treat with resident recipe-tester Bear – and we think it looks pretty good, too. We’re popping ours on Instagram…
If you try this one with your dog, tag us using #tailsdotcom so we can see!