There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked cookies – and though these cookies might not smell like chocolate chip (they’re made with bacon and duck), they’ll get tails wagging in the run-up to Christmas.
This super simple recipe uses oats (a great source of fibre), and peanut butter which is full of healthy fats. This time, we’ve added bacon to make these cookies extra special so it’s best to keep them as an occasional treat – or to share with doggy friends on a Christmas-time walk.
We’ve topped these delicious cookies with tails.com duck biscuits for a festive feel, but you can use any treat.
8 – 10 cookies (depending on size)
What you’ll need
For the cookies:
120g xylitol-free peanut butter
1-2 rashers lean bacon, cooked and chopped
For the topping:
Hand-baked duck biscuits (or any treat)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (Gas 6) and line a baking tray with parchment
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, peanut butter, eggs and bacon and mix until a dough forms
- Wet your hands and shape the dough into circles – or use a cookie cutter if you have one
- Make sure the dough is pressed together tightly so the cookies maintain their shape
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown
- Once cooled, it’s time to decorate! Crush the duck treats into a crumb and set to one side
- Dip your cookies into the dairy-free yoghurt, then into the crumbled treats
- Pop them in the freezer for a few minutes so the yoghurt firms up – serve straight away!
We recommend keeping any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. Just take them out a few minutes before serving.
We’d love to see your festive creations – tag us using #luckiestdogever!