We’re keeping this recipe simple for a totally dog-friendly spin on the classic green eggs and ham. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s sure to get tails wagging.
First up: spinach. It’s Popeye’s favourite – and one of ours – so we’ve made this superfood the star of the show. A great source of vitamins A, B, C, and K, spinach also contains minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium.
Adding some lean bacon to the mix means these biscuits feel like a real treat. Great for training (we call these types of treats ‘high-value rewards’ as dogs will work extra hard to get them!) and perfect for popping in the freezer.
8 – 10 biscuits
What you’ll need
50g cooked spinach (frozen is fine)
50g lean bacon, diced
135g rice flour (coconut or wholemeal flour also work well)
- Get your oven preheated to 170°C/gas mark 3
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- With damp hands, roll the dough into balls and flatten into biscuit shapes
- Place the biscuits onto the baking tray and bake for around 20 minutes
- Once cool, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months
We always love seeing your baking creations, tag us on Instragram, twitter or Facebook using #tailsdotcom and share the love!