There’s nothing more welcoming (and nostalgic!) than a Jammie Dodger in our minds. Gooey red jam sandwiched between two perfect biscuit rounds, a sprinkling of sugar and they’re the perfect treat to have with a cuppa.
Now with this recipe your dog can enjoy their own dog-friendly version!
We’ve used fresh strawberries here instead of the jam – the high sugar content in jam isn’t good for dogs – and a pinch of cinnamon for a little spice. This recipe is super simple and pretty much the perfect treat for your dog this Valentine’s Day!
4 – 5 biscuits
What you’ll need
90g rolled oats
1 – 2 strawberries
Pinch of cinnamon
A little water if needed
- Preheat your oven to 160°C or gas mark 3
- Combine the oats, egg, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and mix well
- The mixture is ready once it’s at a sticky consistency – add a little water if the mixture is too dry
- Cut the strawberries into slices (so that they look like little hearts)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mould the mixture into round biscuit shaped and flatten them onto the baking paper
- Place a strawberry slice in the centre of each biscuit
- Bake for 20 mins
- Once the biscuits have cooled, store them in an airtight container for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Show us your Valentine’s creations using #tailsdotcom!