We’re making the most of the spooky season with pumpkin recipes galore – perfect for using up any leftovers you have once you’re done carving!
These pumpkin spiced bites are both dog-friendly and pretty human-friendly, too (just skip the dog treat decoration if you’re having one yourself). They’re packed with yummy pumpkin, peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon – and they’re a great make-ahead recipe to whip up on a Sunday, ready for the week.
8 – 12 balls (depending on the size of your dog)
What you’ll need
- 225g pumpkin puree
- 125g xylitol-free peanut butter
- 250g oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cold-Pressed Duck Rewards (for the stem)
- Superfood Bites (for the eyes)
- Spinach leaves
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, peanut butter, pumpkin puree and cinnamon until fully combined
- Form the mixture into balls (smaller for little dogs, bigger for large dogs) and place them onto a parchment lined baking tray
- Poke a hole in your spinach leaves and place on top of each pumpkin ball – use a tails.com Cold-Pressed Duck Reward to secure the leaf (and double as a stem)
- Use two tails.com superfood bites for the eyes
- Chill for at least an hour in the fridge, then move to an airtight container
These bites can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
We’d love to see your spooky creations – tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #tailsdotcom