Is there anything more cosy than a fresh batch of flapjacks? We love making dog-friendly versions of these oaty treats – they’re super simple (and super delicious – we challenge you not to snaffle a few for yourself).
You can use pretty much any dog-friendly fruit in these: this time, we’ve gone for office dog Bear’s favourite – blueberries! Did you know blueberries are believed to be filled with antioxidants? They’re also packed with fibre and low in calories, making them a great treat for any dogs watching the pounds.
If you fancy making a human-friendly batch for yourself, you might want to add a little bit of honey or golden syrup – but honestly, we think they’re delicious just as they are!
9 – 12 flapjacks
What you’ll need
- 150g rolled oats
- 50g blueberries
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of xylitol-free peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 20cm square baking tin, lined with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, egg, blueberries, peanut butter and cinnamon until well combined
- Press the mixture into your lined tin, making sure it’s evenly spread
- Dot the coconut oil over the top
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set and golden brown
- Whilst the flapjack is warm, cut into squares, then allow to cool before serving!
These flapjacks will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Love this content? Join our Facebook community and share your creations, pictures, funny stories and more – plus get access to exclusive discounts and prizes!