The holiday season has officially begun, which means the house starts filling up with all sorts of delicious treats, ready for The Big Day (that’s Christmas, FYI). From chocolate and mince pies, to wine and pigs in blankets – there’s a whole host of festive foods we humans look forward to.
Sadly, most of these tasty treats aren’t suitable for dogs, no matter how much they wish we could share. The good news is – we’ve got you covered. We’ve developed some super simple recipes, perfect for treating your dog this Christmas.
Our apple gingerbread is made with brown rice flour, apple, a little bit of coconut yoghurt and a pinch of ginger for the ultimate snack in the run up to Christmas. And, not only do they taste good – but they look pretty cute, too!
Why not whip up a batch to gift your dog’s four-legged pals?
What you’ll need
- 150g brown rice flour (or just regular wholemeal flour if your dog is okay with wheat)
- 1 grated apple, with pips and core removed
- 100g coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined
- Once mixed together, use your hands to mould it into a dough-like consistency
- On a floured surface, roll the dough until it’s around half a centimetre thick
- Cut the dough into your desired shapes and place on a baking sheet
- Brush a little extra coconut oil onto each biscuit and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
These make a delicious snack for humans, too! Just add a little sugar or honey to the mixture first, or use some icing to decorate. We’d love to see your creations – tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #tailsdotcom