Shrove Tuesday is just around the corner – hands up who’s wondering how to make a dog-friendly pancake! Well, you’re in luck…
We’ve put together this super quick and fuss-free recipe, so you can whip up a batch of pancakes for your dog to enjoy on the day.
Made with potassium-rich banana, these dog-friendly pancakes are gluten-free and grain-free. You can find some topping inspiration below too!
1 x ripe banana
2 x eggs
½ tsp of coconut oil or sunflower oil
- Mash the banana into a bowl with a fork
- Add the eggs, and whisk until a smooth batter is formed (you can use a blender for a super-smooth mix if needed)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Place the mixture into the pan using a ladle and fry gently on a low-medium heat
- Flip the pancake halfway through cooking (about 4 mins on each side)
Dog-friendly pancake topping suggestions:
- A small spread of natural (xylitol-free) peanut butter
- Dairy-free yoghurt
- Sprinkle with kibble or your dog’s favourite treats – Good Dog treats or Cold Pressed Rewards would work here!
Ready, steady…flip! Tag us in your Shrove Tuesday creations using the hashtag #tailsdotcom.
Make sure to adjust your dog’s daily portions to allow for this special treat!
3 thoughts on “Easy dog-friendly pancakes”
Are any of these fattening and are they better than shop bought low fat treats for your dog
Hi Phyllis, just like any other treats we’d recommend monitoring your dog’s intake to help avoid any upset tums or weight gain. If you’d like advice on working these tasty pancakes into your dog’s daily portions, just pop our Customer team an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can help here 💙
I’ve tried doing these Lily loved them she also got her first box of food and I’ve had no problem with her eating and enjoying all of it pleased I choose to go with you thanks