Weekends call for sleeping in and the laziest meal of the week – brunch. And there’s no reason we can’t share our love of brunch with our dogs. The good news is, there’s plenty of dog-friendly breakfast foods out there, from eggs to fruit. Just don’t forget to make sure it’s fed as part of a balanced diet.
Summer usually means sitting in the garden with something light and fruity for brunch. Fruit is a great option for dogs as it’s packed with nutrients and offers something a little bit different for them to snack on. Bananas, berries and apples (no pips, please!) are all dog-friendly. Not sure if it’s suitable? We’ve got you. Take a look at our blog on fruit here.
So with that in mind, here’s our recipe for an office-dog favourite: this very berry smoothie is quick, simple and can be enjoyed by the whole family. What more could you want!
1 – 2 depending on your dog
What you’ll need:
- 10g (2tsp) of oats
- A dozen or so blueberries (or swap for strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon of low or lactose-free yoghurt (it’s also good with goat’s milk)
- 100ml of cold water
Super simple – pop all your ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth!
And if you’re feeling fancy, top the smoothie with a berry.
Our top tips:
- Why not try freezing the berries first – a perfect treat for a hot summer’s day
- Pour the mix into a tupperware and freeze it for easy dog-friendly ice cream
- Toast the oats first for added crunch
- Try adding a teaspoon of honey
We hope your dog loves this smoothie as much as our office dogs do! We think it’s a great summer snack, and we love being able to share it with our dogs.
Why not try the recipe this weekend and send us a picture by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook 🐶