Autumn – the best season of the year – is finally here, and with it comes our favourite autumnal vegetable…the pumpkin! From spooky carvings to the perfect pie filling, we love pumpkin – and so do our dogs.
Last year was all about the pumpkin spiced latte. This year, we’re bringing you the pumpkin pie topper.
It’s perfect for small dogs, big dogs, fussy dogs, toothless dogs, senior dogs, dogs that only like wet food…we could go on. We think it looks picture-perfect, and it’s a great way to spice up meal times this season.
2 – 4 (depending on the size of your dog)
What you’ll need
- 150g pumpkin puree (tinned is fine, or blend up the inside of your pumpkin once you’re done carving it – just avoid any seeds)
- 50ml low salt chicken stock
- 1 small carrot
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tbsp goat yoghurt (or any dairy-free alternative)
- Boil a kettle to make up 50ml of chicken stock and leave to cool slightly
- Grate the carrot into a bowl
- Combine the warm stock, grated carrot, pumpkin puree and cinnamon
- Serve warm on top of your dog’s kibble with a dollop of dairy-free yoghurt – or freeze in a kong as a special treat!
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
We hope you love making this one as much as we did! Share your dog’s autumn eats with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #tailsdotcom