Need a bit of time to prep your dinner, make a call or empty the bins? Occupier toys and LickiMats can be an absolute life saver for those times you need to give your dog something to do. Plus, they’re great for mixing up mealtimes and stimulating their brains too!
At tails.com, we’re big fans of both, that’s why we’ve put together 2 boredom busting recipes.
First up, our carrot and apple snack hack.
1 long-lasting treat or 4-6 treat cubes
What you’ll need
- 1 small carrot
- Half an apple (no pips please!)
- 1 tablespoon of your dog’s favourite tails.com wet food
- A fillable occupier toy or an ice cube tray
- Grate the carrot and apple (don’t forget to remove the pips as these can be toxic for pups)
- Combine in a fillable occupier toy or pop in an ice cube tray and freeze
- Once frozen (2-3 hours), give it to your dog for a long-lasting treat.
Next, our paw lickin’ chicken LickiMat combo.
What you’ll need
- Handful sweet potato roasted – no oil or skin
- Simply irresistible chicken with rosemary (wet food)
- Cold-Pressed Duck rewards (for some tasty texture)
- Combine the sweet potato and wet food in a bowl until well mixed
- Spread evenly onto the LickiMat
- Top with some Cold-Pressed Duck Rewards for added texture
Top tip: you can pop this in the freezer for a few hours to last even longer.
Going to try one (or both!) of our recipes? We’d love to see! Tag us in your pictures on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #tailsdotcom or send them into our Facebook group, the tails.com Wet Nose Nation.
1 thought on “Boredom busting occupier recipes”
Take a Kong toy and fill it with peanut butter, then freeze it for a few hours. The freezing process will make it more difficult for your dog to get the peanut butter out, providing them with a longer-lasting and more challenging treat.