As the nights draw in and the weather gets cooler, you may find your pup needing a little something extra to keep them occupied – that’s where our autumn LickiMat recipe comes in!
LickiMats are perfect for mixing up mealtimes, and can also help slow down those dogs who like to wolf down their food in one go – we love them so much, you can now add one to your tails.com delivery.
Got some leftover squash from that soup or casserole that needs using? No problem! Boil it, mash it and stick it on a LickiMat for an occupier packed with fibre, beta-carotene, potassium and vitamin C – yum.
Our quick and easy recipe takes minutes to make, but will keep your dog busy for longer, giving you plenty of time to do some dinner prep or sit and have a cuppa.
- 1 LickiMat
What you’ll need:
- 100g cooked butternut squash (boiled, steamed or roasted)
- 100g of your dog’s favourite tails.com wet food
- Tasty treats for topping (optional)
- Place the cooked squash and wet food in a bowl, mashing and mixing until well combined
- Spoon onto the LickiMat, spreading evenly
- Top with a few treats if using
- Serve right away or pop in the freezer for a few hours for a longer lasting treat
If you give this recipe a go, we’d love to see! Don’t forget to share your pictures with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #tailsdotcom or send them into our Facebook group, the tails.com Wet Nose Nation.