Looking for a quick way to keep your dog entertained? Enter our new tutorial – how to make a dog puzzle toy at home with everyday items you have around the house.
Dog puzzle toys are a fantastic way to keep your dog mentally stimulated. Perfect for keeping them busy while you’re preparing for that big meeting, or just making dinner.
So…say hello to the odd sock toy.
Made with just a plastic bottle and whatever odd sock you have lying around the house – it’s a simple yet stimulating food maze. The sock helps to keep the bottle intact while also making it trickier for the kibble to come out – ensuring your canine Einstein gets a good mental workout.
The best bit? This dog occupier toy can be put together in less than 5 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- An empty plastic bottle
- An odd sock (mid-length)
- Kibble or treats
How to make your dog puzzle toy:
- Wash and dry the empty plastic bottle.
- Remove the lid, label and plastic ring from the bottle.
- Place the bottle into your odd sock bottom first, so the opening lines up with the opening of your sock.
- Fold the opening of the sock into the open plastic bottle, so the bottle is completely covered.
- Fill the hole with some of your dog’s breakfast, dinner or favourite treats.
As with any toy, always supervise your dog while they work to get out all those tasty treats. Show us how they enjoy their new toy using the hashtag #tailsdotcom.
Enjoyed reading about how to make a dog puzzle toy? Why not check out how to make a DIY snuffle ball.