Spooky season has officially arrived, and we love a good Halloween treat – so we thought we’d get our dogs in on the action too with our spooky eyeballs. While chocolate, sweets and other traditional goodies aren’t suitable for your pup, our quick and easy recipe makes sure they won’t miss out.
Sweet potato season is in full swing, plus, this vegetable is packed with fibre, low in fat and full of essential vitamins – meaning it’s the perfect ingredient to make our spooky eyeballs delicious and nutritious.
- 6-8 spooky eyeballs
What you’ll need:
- 200g mashed sweet potato (no seasoning, milk or butter)
- 50g of your dog’s tailor-made kibble blend, crushed
- 25g wet food (optional)
- 6-8 Cold-Pressed Lamb Rewards
- Combine the sweet potato, wet food (if using) and crushed kibble in a bowl
- Shape into a golf ball-sized treat, or smaller for little pups or if you want them to last longer
- Pop a Cold-Pressed Lamb Reward in the middle of each eyeball
- Treat your dog with individual eyeballs (yes, you read that right) and watch them enjoy!
These spooky eyeballs will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
We’d love to see your spooky creations – tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #tailsdotcom or send them into our Facebook group, the tails.com Wet Nose Nation.