Here at tails.com we’re proud to partner with our selected retailers who are helping us achieve our vision of changing the world of pet food for good. We work together with our retail partners to demonstrate honesty, integrity and fairness to our customers.
We promote fair and lawful dealing, trade in good faith and recognition of our retail partners' reasonable standards. We expect our retail partners to adhere to business principles consistent with our own. Where issues arise, we will work with our partners through transparent discussion and collaborative action to resolve.
To become a trusted partner to tails.com, it is our retailers’ responsibility to meet the following standards and ensure the ongoing upholding of these standards. It is their duty to know and comply with all laws and regulations governing the countries in which they operate.
We expect our retailers to:
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Comply with the Modern Slavery Act if operating within the United Kingdom
- Have their own policy and a zero tolerance approach to any slavery or forced labour within their supply chain and workforce
- Ensure equality of opportunity and treatment in all matters concerning employment
- Act without discrimination on grounds of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, political opinion or social origin
- Have an effective ethical code of conduct policy and ensure this is up to date with all relevant local and international laws and regulations that are relevant to the areas within they operate
People (Labour and Employment)
We expect our retailers to ensure that:
- As a minimum all their employees receive at least a minimum living wage and that wages are paid in a legal tender, at regular intervals of no longer than one month in full and directly to the employee
- Regular hours of working, excluding overtime, shall be defined by contract and shall not exceed 48 hours per week or the legal limit, whichever is more stringent
- All overtime shall be voluntary and not exceed 12 hours per week and always compensated in accordance with local laws and regulations
- The total hours worked by an employee shall not exceed 60 hours in a 7 day week, employees shall be provided with at least one day off in every 7 day period and employees are entitled to regular breaks on their shift
- They act in accordance with the International labour standards set by the International Labour Organisation (“ILO”) for employment of persons of suitable age
- They know and comply with all relevant local laws and international regulations regarding health & safety, and provide a safe working environment for their employees
We expect that our retailers:
- Will at the very least meet all relevant local and international laws and regulations regarding the protection of the environment and have conducted an assessment of their impact
- Will work proactively to reduce their climate impact, as well as consider the method of logistics and transport that has the minimal amount of impact on the environment
- Will actively and responsibly separate, store safely, transport and dispose of all waste, and work to reduce, reuse and recycle where possible
- Will proactively ensure long term sustainability of water resources and responsible use of water in balance with community and ecosystem needs
- Will wherever possible proactively undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility and sustainability, as well as encourage the use of environmentally friendly sourcing practices, operational processes and technology
- We are never influenced by receiving favours nor do we try to improperly influence others by providing favours. We only offer or accept reasonable gestures and or symbolic gifts which are appropriate under the circumstances, and we don’t accept or offer gifts, meals, or entertainment if doing so could create the impression of improperly influencing the respective business relationship
- We never offer to, or accept from, any third-party gifts taking the form of any of the following, whatever the value involved: money, loans, kickbacks or similar monetary advantages
- We expect our retailers to behave and share these values and have a zero tolerance approach to corruption and bribery
As part of our tails.com onboarding and ongoing performance processes, we work with our retailers to ensure that these standards are met. We ask our retail partners for feedback on our performance to ensure we maintain our high standards and continue to improve.
Reporting of Non-Compliance
We report any practices or actions we believe to be inappropriate under this Code or that are illegal, to our Retail Director or CCO. If this is not appropriate for any reason, we report violations directly to any member of the Leadership Team, or via our confidential non-compliance reporting system at tails.com.
Ultimate responsibility for this Code of Conduct rests with our Leadership team. This statement has been approved by our board of directors.
If you would like to share any feedback on this document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1st June 2022