Here at tails.com, we’re proud to partner with our selected suppliers who are helping us achieve our vision of changing the world of pet food for good. We work together to responsibly deliver our products ethically and sustainably, whilst doing our utmost to minimise our impact on the environment.
At tails.com we’re a values-driven organisation and we work with our suppliers to build trusted long-term relationships; we strongly believe this contributes to continually improving performance in environmental, ethical and social issues. We measure our suppliers’ progress against the tails.com standards which assess their performance in: Quality, Service, Innovation, Profitability and Sustainability.
To become a trusted supply partner to tails.com, it is our suppliers’ responsibility to meet the following standards during the supplier selection process and ensure the ongoing upholding of these standards. It is their duty to know and comply with all laws and regulations governing the countries in which they operate.
We expect our suppliers to:
Our suppliers must take all reasonable measures to ensure that they and their suppliers and farmers comply with the World Organisation for Animal Health's five freedoms (OIE 5 Freedoms) and run farm management improvement plans accordingly
People (Labour and Employment)
We expect our suppliers to ensure that:
We expect that our suppliers:
- We are never influenced by receiving favours nor do we try to improperly influence others by providing favours. We only offer or accept reasonable gestures and or symbolic gifts which are appropriate under the circumstances, and we don’t accept or offer gifts, meals, or entertainment if doing so could create the impression of improperly influencing the respective business relationship.
- We never offer to, or accept from, any third-party gifts taking the form of any of the following, whatever the value involved: money, loans, kickbacks or similar monetary advantages.
- We expect our suppliers to behave and share these values and have a zero-tolerance approach to corruption and bribery.
As part of our tails.com onboarding and ongoing performance processes, we work with our suppliers to ensure that these standards are met. We validate that our expectations are upheld through our internal process of supplier performance management and by using a third-party auditor to regularly visit our suppliers, to ensure a fair and impartial process for both parties.
We work with our suppliers to continually improve their processes and ensure they’re meeting the expected minimum requirements - this involves building a strong relationship, mutual education and enhancing overall performance for both parties.
As a part of our supplier performance management process, we ask suppliers for feedback on our performance to ensure we maintain our high standards and continue to improve.
We report any practices or actions we believe to be inappropriate under this Code or that are illegal, to our line Manager, our Procurement Partner or CFO. If this is not appropriate for any reason, we report violations directly to any member of the Leadership Team, or via our confidential non-compliance reporting system Speak-Up, available 24/7 365 days a year.
You can submit a report via the confidential webform or via phone number to leave a message, by following the instructions below:
1. Submit your report via a Webform or call to leave a message on 0800-1693502
2. Next, please select United Kingdom
3. Next, please describe the nature of your concern (who, what, when and how) and attach any supporting evidence you may have
4. Once you’ve submitted your report, you’ll receive an individual case number. Keep the number safe as you’ll need it each time you’d like to access the system and check for updates.
5. Thank you!
Ultimate responsibility for this Code of Conduct rests with our Leadership team. This statement has been approved by our board of directors.
If you would like to share any feedback on this document, please email email@example.com.
James Davidson CEO,
Director and Co-founder
1st February 2022